Westerham Eye Care provides free NHS sight examinations for children under sixteen and those under nineteen in full-time education. If spectacles are required you qualify for an NHS voucher to help you towards the costs.
Ten tips which may identify sight issues in children
1. Loses their place while reading.
2. Avoids close work.
3. Holds reading material closer than normal.
4. Tends to rub their eyes.
5. Has headaches.
6. Turns or tilts their head to use one eye only.
7. Makes frequent reversals when reading.
8. Uses their finger to maintain place when reading.
9. Omits or confuses small words when reading.
10. Consistently performs below potential.